CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

I CAN WALK !!! AND RIDE !!


Well I saw the orthopod again this week, and finally got the OK to start walking on my new titanium reenforced hip. needless to say, I wasted no time getting rid of the crutches which i quickly traded in for a snappy single point cane. its really very stylish. i think it will be the in thing this season. and as usual i will be leading the trend. NOT. at least not after about a week. as for the crutches i plan on burning them or smashing them into a million pieces.


So there is the good news. the bad news is that he doesn't want to repair the hernia in my IT band, and wants to wait 2 more months before fixing it - removing the locking screws at the same time. he feels the screws are sticking out too much and that they will EVENTUALLY cause a problem. in the mean time, i am stuck with this thing growing out of the side of my leg, which at the moment is really the only thing that is hurting. the hip itself is still very weak, and i walk like i have been shot in the ass (as i lack any stability in my core ) but for the most part it is pain free. the only thing that really hurts the hip is trying to stand on one foot to put on a pair of pants or shoes. a fact i find very annoying.


the knee however hurts all the time - especially when standing on one foot. on the positive side, both my knee and hip are pretty much totally pain free while biking - even climbing. I have managed to go biking the past three days straight - and today managed to bike 3 solid hours, although not at my usual pace. i started out strong but quickly faded when the road turned upwards. none the less i was VERY happy to be outside and on my bike again. now all i need is a nice new shiney bike !!

guess i have no excusses to stay off work any longer - and just when I was getting into daytime TV !! I will fill you in on all the fun and teasing I get when I start back next week. should be fun !!

0 comments: